Rose Quartz morning ritual
The Gua Sha ritual is an ancient Chinese practise used to boost circulation and lymphatic drainage while also removing toxins and stagnant ‘chi’ [energy] from the body.
Facial Gua Sha involves gently massaging specific areas and pressure points on the face with a flat tool. The process stimulates collagen production which helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles while firming and toning the skin, reducing redness and inflammation.
For our morning ritual we use our Rose Quartz Gua Sha which holds the energy unconditional love. It is known to purify the heart, calm and reassure. Its energy helps to raise your self-esteem, restore confidence, and balance emotions.
Start by taking a moment for yourself, take 3 deep breathes exhaling slowly. When you’re ready add a few drops of oil to your face, neck and décolletage.
- Starting with one side of the face, using the long flat edge gently pull it upward from the nose to the ear. After 5-6 strokes move down to the jawline.
- Starting at the centre of your chin use the same technique pulling in an upwards direction from your chin to ear. Move and repeat on the other side of the face.
- Use the small round edge under the eye, gently moving from the inner eye to the outer eye.
- Using the long flat edge gently pull along your forehead and into your hairline. Using the pointed edge rub vertically into the brow and temples to help release any tension.
- To finish use the long flat edge, pulling down the neck, shoulders and under the ears. Finishing will long sweeping movements across your décolletage.
Seal your morning ritual by affirming I focus on the loving energy that surrounds me now.
Tip: Store in the fridge for extra soothing effects.